Hey all! A few months ago I posted an amazing potato soup recipe that has been a huge hit with my work friends, so I thought I would share another one of my favorites. I compare this one to Olive Garden’s chicken alfredo recipe — and I guarantee you will not go back to store bought alfredo sauce after you try this! It couldn’t be easier, you just throw everything in one pot and wa la!
(I love to make this with a few pieces of chicken that I cook on the stovetop with olive oil, salt and pepper, but you can use shrimp or just make it plain!)
You will need:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz of fettuccine OR 10 oz of penne noodles
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp butter (I use 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded parmesan
- Throw everything (except parm cheese) in a pot
- Bring to a boil
- Lower heat to medium and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes
- Slowly add in parmesan cheese until melted
2 Comments Add yours
Holy cow! Made this tonight and you’re right, you dont need all the butter but it was AMAZING! We added blackened grilled chicken to give it some kick and it was awesome! Thanks!
I’m so glad you liked it!!