Awhile back I was at a brick oven pizzeria and tried their stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and I was HOOKED. I knew I could make something similar — and here we are! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
What you’ll need:
- Package of portobello mushroom caps
- Around five pieces of cooked bacon (or more!)
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 or 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add a couple teaspoons of bacon grease to pan and sauté cooked bacon, diced onion, minced garlic and mushroom stalks; cook until tender
- Add mixture to top of mushrooms
- Cover with shredded cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes
Easy as that! Let me know what you think in the comments below!