Tonight I made an amazing batch of creamy potato soup that I knew I had to share asap! It took me about five minutes to throw everything together, and it doesn’t even call for flour or canned cream of chicken. It feels much lighter than your typical potato soup recipe, but not lacking in flavor at all. I cut the original recipe in half and I’d say mine is about 3-4 servings, which is perfect for us.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen hash browns (or 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine broth, potatoes, garlic and spices
- Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender (this takes no time at all with the frozen hash browns)
- Smash a few of the potatoes to release their starch for thickening (omit this step if using hash browns)
- Reduce heat to low
- Add cream cheese — I recommend cutting into a few small chunks first
- Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts
Remember to double this recipe if you want more than a few servings. The original recipe can be found here.